Tuesday, June 28, 2011

pink nail polish and motor oil

I have dirt under my fingernails. It's that kind of stubborn dirt that despite scrubbing, soaking, coaxing, or poking, I cannot get out. I think my nails are just french tipped black with dirt.
Usually there's no problem with my dirty fingernails. My vines don't mind cosmetic things like that. But now I'm serving food and suddenly noticing my weathered hands are a bit unappetizing.
So as I prepared to work the tasting room, I called back to my feminine tendencies that I've so long ignored to think of a way to become more presentable again. Hair pins: check. Fresh new shirt: check. Nail polish.... hmmm. I don't think I've worn that since that homecoming dance in high school and I think I bit it all off on the way to the dance.
Alright, that sounds a bit neanderthal, but I guess it's been over a decade and I was ready to try again. I settled on a light shade called "Italian Love Affair" which both made me giggle at it's ridiculousness and have fond memories of Italy at the same time. I only once found myself biting it off when my nerves started getting the best of me later in the night.

So now I feel super and feminine again. I'm not busting out my old heels for serving wine this Friday or anything, but my Italian Love Affair pink polish looked really good covered in motor grease as I checked my oil on Monday morning. Next step - purchasing nail polish remover.

No comments:

Post a Comment