Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Fax?

My heart is in my throat and I'm running around like a chicken with it's head cut off. The anticipation in the air is as present as the stuffy humidity after these summer showers we keep getting pummelled with.

I've jumped through all the hoops, met all the inspectors, followed every request down to the T and now there's just one thing left before we can open..... a fax.

I didn't buy a fax machine. I bought one of those 3 in 1 printers, but it was super complicated and I thought, who the heck faxes anything anymore. So I took it back and went for a streamlined and wonderful wifi printer with a scanner. No fax.
So now the last step before getting a license and a green light to open is one more permit that got sent to Columbus and the fastest way to get it back to us.... a fax.

Anyway, I'm getting a fax machine today and trying not to sit by it, waiting on the confirmation that we're good to go. We've got bands booked this weekend, but it doesn't matter if we don't have this fax. The singer and guitarist may as well play for us as we wash bottles or maybe wash bottles with us if we don't have this fax. It's so funny to think we're so close.

The vineyard is the same as it's ever been, which is nice to go out to and just relax in the repetition of perfecting the pruning on one vine and tying it up and making sure all the blossoms of future grape clusters are where they need to be before moving on to the next vine and the next and the next for acre after acre. With all this rain it's going to be tough to keep the diseases at bay this year. It's crazy to think that we're just a few months away from harvest. Time has been flying in a flurry of work and perfecting the menu and making sure the apple crop will be a success and protecting the newly planted grapevines. And heck, even planting new vines to replace the ones that didn't make it over the winter.

I just can't imagine after 3 years of working here and talking about opening and planning for the opening and thinking about the opening.... I can't believe it's just about to finally happen.

Eek. The humidity is making my hair curl. Or maybe that's the anticipation.....

2 comments:

  1. i'm so excited for you!! all the patience and hardwork paying off and you can open the place up!

    ReplyDelete